Complemented by Technology
The use of online content in the classroom to allow for more small group instruction and more personalized learning for every student.
- Engaging Instruction – Blended learning increases student engagement by increasing the amount of small group learning, engaging online activities and collaborative group projects.
- Student Investment – Blended learning increases students’ investment in their learning by giving them more opportunities to make decisions about how and what they learn, whether on a computer program or in a small collaborative group.
- Personalized Learning – While differentiation can be challenging in a traditional classroom, blended learning makes it an easier and more sustainable practice by providing teachers with
(1) high-quality student data
(2) more time for small group instruction
(3) opportunities to focus on higher order thinking skills, while computers train students on lower order skills.