TES Parent-Student-Teacher Compact
Click here to view or print the document: TES Parent-Teacher-Student Compact
Troutman Elementary Parent-Teacher-Student Compact
Our Mission: We are here to educate and inspire our students to become leaders, productive citizens, and lifelong learners.
Our Vision: Together Everyone Succeeds
Parents Pledge: I will
· Let the teacher know if my child has any problems with learning.
· Use reading and math materials the school sends home each week to help my child.
· Utilize websites like Moby Max, IStation Reading, and Big Universe in our home to support the learning that goes on in the classroom.
· Commit to read to my child (or have my child read) 20 minutes a day.
· Help my child see how to use reading and math to pursue his/her interests and goals.
· Attend at least two face-to-face parent conferences during this year.
· Attend annual grade level curriculum nights.
· Attend grade level musical performances and Fuel Up to Play 60 Family Night to support my child.
Students Pledge: I will
· Let my teacher and family know if I need help.
· Read on my own and with my family every day for 20 minutes.
· Work on my math and reading skills at home, using the materials my teacher sends home.
· Write down assignments, do my homework every day, and turn it in when it’s due.
· Use websites like Moby Max, Big Universe and IStation Reading at school and at home to improve my math and reading skills.
· Reach my Accelerated Reading goal each quarter.
Teachers Pledge: We will
· Create a partnership with every family in my class.
· Monitor student progress in reading and math and update parents monthly.
· Make sure all students get help as soon as it’s needed through the Multi-Tiered Support System.
· Send home learning materials in math and reading. (grades 3-5)
· Explain my approach to teaching, expectations, and grading system to students and their families.
· Continually work on my teaching strategies and differentiate instruction so that I can successfully teach all children.
· Utilize Reading Foundations training and the Comprehension Tool Kits to deliver strong literacy instruction to all students.
· Utilize Number Talks at least 3x/week to teach students mental math strategies to solve math problems.
· Make sure students understand the assignment and what they’ll learn from it, and grade it promptly.