New Student Information
Lake Norman Elementary School
255 Oak Tree Road ~ Mooresville, NC 28117~ Phone (704)-662-8261 Fax (704)-662-8264
Principal: Mark Shinkaruk
General Information for New Students
*Your child’s Student ID Number serves many important roles. This number allows your child to check out books from our media center, allows them to log on to computers, is used to purchase breakfast and lunch, to name a few. Your child will be assigned a Student ID Number when school starts and will keep it throughout their time with Iredell-Statesville Schools- until graduation!
* School begins at 7:30am and dismisses at 2:20pm this year. PLEASE have your child to school on time! Your child may arrive as early as 7:10am. If your child arrives after the 7:30am tardy bell, you will need to walk your child into the front office and sign him/her in - they will be counted tardy.
* If you have requested bus transportation for your student, please allow up to ten days (after all required paperwork is complete) for your child to be routed on a bus. You will be informed of his/her bus number, stop location and approximate pick-up and drop-off times once they have been routed and are allowed to ride. Be sure to make other transportation arrangements until you are notified of your child’s bus information.
* There are 3 early release days scheduled. Students will be dismissed at 11:00am on these dates: September 27, February 28, April 25. We also have several days that are scheduled Teacher Workdays, students to not report to school on those days. However, some of them are also scheduled as Snow Make-Up Days. These days will turn into regular school days if we have a snow day prior to a scheduled Snow Make-Up Day.
* Got Milk- Money? You can prepay your child’s lunch in the cafeteria and/or online at www.lunchprepay.com. Set up an account today! You will need your child’s Student ID Number to set up your account. Prices are $2.60 for lunch and $1.40 for breakfast. Breakfast is served 7:00am-7:25am.
* Students must be accompanied by a parent/guardian or an adult listed on the child’s approved emergency contact list when checking in late or when be signed out early. Student’s must be present 50% of the school day in order to be counted present for the day. On a regular school day, students arriving tardy to school by 11:00am or leaving as an early dismissal after 11:00am would be counted present for that school day. If a student leaves for an appointment, etc. before 11:00am (and does not return) or arrives at the school after 11:00am they will be counted absent for the entire school day.
* In order for the school to administer ANY medication to your child (over-the-counter or prescription), you must have a completed medical form with a doctor’s signature. This includes Tylenol, Motrin, Neosporin, Hydrocortisone Cream, Benadryl Cream/Spray, etc. Please stop by the office to pick up one of these forms if your child will need ANY medications administered at school
* All checks made payable to LNE must have a phone number listed clearly on the check. All checks made out to LNE Cafeteria need to have a phone number as well as your child’s Student ID Number.
* To stay up-to-date with important information, please check our district website www.iss.k12.nc.us. To visit our school home page click on the “Select A School” drop down menu at the top of the page and choose Lake Norman Elementary. For information about PTO and LNE happenings click on the PTO link from our school webpage.
If you have any questions, concerns or would like more information regarding our school please call or visit us anytime!