2. What are igneous rocks formed from?
3. Name three ways sedimentary rocks are formed?
4. How do metamorphic rocks form?
5. What is a mineral?
6. Name at least 4 common minerals?
7. Name a sedimentary rock that is made up mostly of tiny grains of quartz.?
8. The "lead" in all of our pencils comes from this metamorphic rock. Can you name it?
9. What scale is used to identify the hardness of rocks and minerals?
10. How are rocks classified? Name all three ways.
Created by: Patricia Parker Sharon Elementary School
North Carolina Standard Course of Study Goals and Objectives: Science Grade 4 Goal 2 Objective 2.1 Describe the composition of a mineral. Objective 2.2 Analyze the mineral composition of rocks. Objective 2.3 Assess the uses of rocks and minerals.
Finished with the scavenger hunt? Check out these other sites to learn more about rocks and minerals.
Mineralogy for Kids
CONNECT WITH US