2. Nebraska: What drink was invented in Hastings?
3. Nevada: Austin's oldest church, St. Augustine, requires the establishment's bells in the tower to be rung by pulling a rope. Where is the rope located?
4. New Hampshire: What nursery rhyme was written by Sarah Hale?
5. New Jersey: Atlantic City helped make which board game? What did they use?
6. New Mexico: In 1963, the New Mexican legislature chose something to be the official state animal. What animal is it and why did they choose it?
7. New York: What bathroom item was invented in New York City?
8. North Carolina: They started what breakfast treat, mini-sport and soda? (3 different areas)
9. North Dakota: North Dakota grows a certain flower more than any other state, which flower is it?
10. Ohio: What famous American food was first served in Ohio?
11. Oklahoma: What world championship is held in the town of Beaver?
12. Oregon: What holiday lands on the state's birthday?
13. Pennsylvania: What dark sweet food is in Pennsylvania, and in which city?
14. Rhode Island: What animal event started in 1774?
15. South Carolina: What fruit is produced more in South Carolina than anywhere else?
16. South Dakota: What is carved in the world's greatest mountain carving, and what is it called?
17. Tennessee: What county has the most animals in the U.S. and what animal is it?
18. Texas: What soda originated in Texas?
19. Utah: Where were the 2002 Olympic Winter Games held?
20. Vermont: Where does the extra Ben and Jerry's ice cream go?
21. Virginia: Describe what's different about their state flower?
22. Washington: Seattle was the first to have what kind of restaurant?
23. West Virginia: How many points did Danny Heater score in a basketball game?
24. Wisconsin: Wisconsin started what grade level?
25. Wyoming: This state was the first to give whcih group of people the right to vote?
Created by: Patricia Parker Sharon Elementary School
North Carolina Standard Course of Study Goals and Objectives: LEARNNCGrade 5
CONNECT WITH US