2. I am a French explorer and navigator who started a settlement in Quebec. A lake was named for me in 1609. Who am I?
3. I am a French explorer sent by King Louis XIV to travel south from Canada and sail down the Mississippi River to the Gulf of Mexico. I named the Mississippi basin Louisiana, in honor of my king. Who am I?
4. I am a fur trader and explorer. I emigrated from America to Canada after the American Revolution. I explored the interior of British Columbia trying to find a trade route to the Pacific Ocean. Who am I?
5. I am an English nobleman, an Army officer, a member of Parliament, and an explorer. I founded an English settlement in Newfoundland. Who am I?
6. I am an English explorer and navigator. I sailed to northern North America four times. A river, a strait, and a bay were named for me. Who am I?
7. I am a British explorer. I became an inland explorer for the Hudson's Bay Company when I was 17 years old. My journals were re-discovered in 1926. Who am I?
8. I am a French explorer who lived many years among the Native Americans. I was the first European to travel through the Great Lakes. Who am I?
9. I am a Canadian explorer who explored the Canadian Arctic. I lived among the Eskimos for many years. Who am I?
10. I am a Welsh explorer, a mapmaker, a surveyor, fur trader, and a journal writer. I explored western Canada and western USA. I surveyed the border between Canada and the USA. Who am I?
Created by: Teresa Shook Sharon Elementary School
North Carolina Standard Course of Study Goals and Objectives:Social Studies Grade 5
CONNECT WITH US