Welcome to the Iredell-Statesville Schools Choice Options page! In addition to traditional school settings, the district provides a wide range of exciting educational opportunities specifically designed for unique student needs.
All students who wish to attend one of the programs below, except for East Iredell Elementary, must submit a transfer request. Some programs, such as the I.B. program, require additional application materials.For East Iredell Elementary Magnet Program, this transfer request form must be completed.Program DescriptionsFamilies interested in IB Education for students K-5:
Families interested in IB Education for students 6-8:
- Primary Years Programme (PYP) - Coddle Creek Elementary School is a candidate school for the Primary Years Programme. This school is pursuing authorization as an IB World School. IB World Schools share a common philosophy—a commitment to high-quality, challenging, international –that we believe is important for our students. Cloverleaf Elementary School recently signed their International Baccalaureate Candidacy Application. This application will be the next step in the process for the school to seek accreditation as an International Baccalaureate (IB) Primary Years Programme. If accepted, Cloverleaf will join Coddle Creek as the only two elementary schools in Iredell County to host the IB program. For more information about this program visit the link above.
Families interested in IB Education for students 9-12:
- Middle Years Programme (MYP) - Iredell-Statesville Schools is home to two IBO World Schools that serve grades 6th through 8th. Mount Mourne, an IBO World School is located in Mooresville and serves Southern Iredell County and Northview, an IBO World School is located in Statesville and serves the Statesville area and Northern Iredell County.
Crossroads Arts and Science Early College is a joint venture between Iredell-Statesville Schools and Mitchell Community College (MCC). It establishes an Early College High School that provides an honors curriculum with opportunities to participate in the Fine Arts Magnet for Iredell-Statesville Schools (FAMIS), sports and clubs at Statesville High School, as well as Associate's degrees focused on the Arts and Sciences at MCC for a select group of students. Crossroads is located on the 3rd floor of Statesville High School; however, only Crossroads students attend Crossroads classes. There is an annual application process for interested 8th, 9th, and 10th graders. Interested students and families are encouraged to attend our annual Open House event and the district School Choice Nights to learn more about our program. Directions on how to apply are provided on the Crossroads website. You may access the site by clicking here.
- Middle Years Programme (MYP) - Students that choose to continue in the IB continuum in high school have the opportunity to transition from Mount Mourne or Northview to South Iredell High School (SIHS) where they can complete the Middle Years Programme (MYP) at the conclusion of 10th grade.
- Diploma Programme (DP) - The Diploma Programme is a curriculum framework designed by the International Baccalaureate (IB) for students in the last two years of high school. South Iredell High School (SIHS) houses the district's program and students that have completed their Personal Project at SIHS and commits to the DP components can seamlessly advance in their studies through high school.
- Career-related Programme (CP) - The Career-related Programme is a curriculum framework designed by the International Baccalaureate (IB) for students in grades 11th and 12th. South Iredell High School (SIHS) also houses this component of the IB continuum and is open to any student in grades 11th and 12th that has completed the Personal Project at SIHS and commits to the required components for the last two years of their high school experience.
Collaborative College for Technology & Leadership
A unique collaboration between Iredell-Statesville Schools, the Mooresville Graded School District, and Mitchell Community College, the Collaborative College for Technology & Leadership (CCTL) is a five-year program that enables high school students to simultaneously earn a high school diploma and an associates degree. An application for the program can be found by clicking the CCTL link above.
North Carolina Virtual Public School
Open to both middle and high school students, the North Carolina Virtual Public School (VPS) enables students to complete both core and elective courses using a convenient, online format. The VPS not only offers general core classes, but also a wide range of honors, Advanced Placement, and SAT prep courses. Courses can be taken in the school setting, or even from home. (This opportunity is available to any student in Iredell County, including home-schooled children; however, a student must be enrolled in a minimum of two courses.*)
East Iredell Elementary SchoolNewly renovated and expanded to include Pressly Elementary School, East Iredell Elementary will serve not only as a technology magnet school featuring 21st century classrooms, but will also be home to the district's first and only dual-immersion language program. The technology magnet is available to all students in grades K-5; however, the English/Spanish dual-immersion program is available only to rising kindergarten students. Additional grades will be added in subsequent years.
Last Modified on March 27, 2019