Welcome to 6th Grade Math!Carla Fassbender
firstname.lastname@example.org varies by quarter (1st quarter=2nd period; 2nd quarter=4th period;3rd quarter=6th period; 4th quarter=1st period)What to Expect
- Nightly homework assignments on paper, 5 problems per night Monday-Thursday.
- There will be weekly quizzes (typically on Fridays).
- Having days off of school may mean there is no quiz or no homework in a given week.
- Assignments and due dates are posted on Canvas. Please sign up as a parent observer to stay up to date. For more information, click here.
- Grades will show up on PowerSchool (not Canvas).
- Notifications will also be sent using Remind101.
- To sign up, text the message @cfassb to the number 81010.
- composition notebook (without spirals)
- writing utensil
- earbuds/headphones (keep earbuds in a container so they don't break)
- colored pencils/crayons/markers
- glue stick
- pencil sharpener (with a lid if you use colored pencils)
- extra paper to write on
- other supplies you know you use regularly
Classroom Wish List
My Classroom Mission
- Kleenex (or other brand facial tissue)
- Hand Sanitizer
- Clorox Wipes (or similar product)
- Extras of any required or helpful supplies
All students will develop a stronger understanding of mathematical concepts by using a variety of learning strategies as they explore topics in the 6th grade math curriculum. All students will show growth from their baseline score to the math EOG.About MeI am from a small town just north of Green Bay, Wisconsin, but I have lived in Iredell County since 2004 when I began my teaching career as a Spanish teacher at North Mecklenburg High School. I love learning! I have three degrees, including an Undergraduate in Spanish Education, a Master's in Educational Leadership, and a J.D.My hobbies include cooking, traveling, learning about the history of places I visit or would like to visit, advocating for public schools, gardening, raising chickens, playing with my dog, and spending time with friends and family.