Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgTwitter Handle: psjohnson_issWelcome to my page! I look forward to working with the teachers at North Iredell High School this year to achieve student success!My Classroom Mission
To help teachers grow so that students grow.My Values as BLIF
- The #1 predictor of student success and growth is the quality of the teacher.
- All students can grow academically.
- All teachers have room to grow in their practice.
- Great individuals make a mediocre school. Great individuals working as a functional team makes an awesome school.
- All student and parent concerns matter.
This is my first year as a blended learning instructional facilitator (BLIF). Previously I taught science for 14 years (13 years at North Iredell High School and one year at Wilkes Early College High School).I earned my bachelor of science degree in biology and bachelor of arts degree in chemistry from the University of North Carolina at Charlotte. I also completed coursework to obtain my teaching license at UNCC. I completed my master's degree in curriculum and instruction at Appalachian State University in 2015. I became National Board Certified in Science in 2010.I enjoy spending time with family and hiking. To date, I have hiked approximately 285 miles of the Appalachian Trail. I hope to eventually hike the entire trail along with others.