Transportation information and policies
At Woodland Heights, our number one goal is students' safety.  This includes safety on our buses and in our car rider line.  Please use this page for information regarding student transportation.  If you have a question, please call our front office, contact Dr. Misty Basham our Assistant Principal, or Mr. Boula our Principal.
What do I do if I need a transportation change?
  • All transportation changes must happen prior to 1:30 - this ensures we have time to make necessary changes.
  • If someone will be picking up your child, please be sure to send in a note to the teacher.  We also encourage you to contact our office 704-663-1370.  The pick-up person should have an ID on them to maintain student safety.
  • If your child is normally a car rider but needs to ride the bus (or vice versa) please send a note with your child.  Calling the office to verify that we have received the note is strongly encouraged.
  • If your child is going to another student's house, we must have a written note from both families approving the change. (Depending on the number of students on the bus or written responses, these may or may not be approved.)
What is the car rider line process?
As many of you know, we have a lot of students who are car riders.  Because of this, we ask that you follow these steps:
  • Have your yellow car rider tag hanging from your mirror - Our teachers use this to call student names.
  • Students are waiting in the cafeteria, quietly, for their names to be called.
  • Pull up to our teacher so they can read your tag.
  • They will give you a color. 
  • Pull up to the color.
  • Wait for your child to get in - if they need help with the door our staff will assist them. Please do not get out of the vehicle.
  • DO NOT pass cars in the car rider line.
  • If your child is late to their color, we may ask you to pull ahead.
What do I need to do if I would like to change my bus stop?
  • Bus stops are assigned by our district transportation department and are not determined by WHES.
  • If you would like your bus stop changed, you will need to complete a Bus Stop Change Request form.  Please contact the school to request one.  
  • We will send this to the district transportation department for approval or denial.
  • If approved, we will notify you of the change.
  • If denied, you will receive notification in the mail.
  • Please do not change your child's stop until you have received a response.
  • Decisions in bus stop changes are not determined by WHES.
What do I do if I forgot my car rider tag?
  • After the first week of school, all car riders should get a tag.
  • If you forget your tag you may be asked to park in the gravel parking area and come into the school with proper ID.
  • If you forget your tag, our teacher may ask you for an ID.
  • This is to maintain the safety of our children. 
I saw someone pass a STOPPED school bus.  What do I do?
  • Try to get the license plate tag 
  • Take down information - the car model, year, color, and any additional information
  • Take down the direction the car was going, at what stop, and any additional information
  • Report the incident to the NC State Troopers 704-878-4221
  • You are also welcome to email or call the school with information on the violation 
If you have additional questions, you may also go to the Iredell-Statesville Schools Transportation website or read these additional frequently asked questions.