Allison OuelletteEmail: email@example.comEDIT TO ADD: Thanks for checking out my page! Due to some personal reasons, I have decided to take a leave for the beginning of the 2018-2019 school year. Ms. Heather Baldt will be my sub and she will be at Open House. More details will be coming from the school soon. Thank you for your understanding during this time.Welcome to 4th grade! I hope that you had a wonderful and relaxing summer. My name is Allison Ouellette (wuh-let) and I will be your child’s 4th grade teacher. I look forward to a fantastic year full of learning, growing and working together.
First, I’d like to tell you a little about myself. I grew up in Connecticut and moved to NC with my family in middle school. My husband and I live in Mooresville with our three children. Catherine is 7 and going into 2nd grade at WHE. She loves to dance, play, draw and swim. Our son, Jack, is 4 and he loves all sports, especially golf! Caroline is 3 and she enjoys being outside and playing with her siblings. My parents live down the street (my Mom is Mrs. Beringer if you had older children at WHE)! My brother, Eric, and his wife Caitlin live in Charlotte. My sister, Lindsey, and her husband live in San Jose, California. My inlaws recently moved to Southport, so we have fun at the beach when we are able to visit with them.
This will be my 14th year teaching. I earned my Bachelors Degree in Elementary Education from Elon University and then went on to earn my Masters Degree from Cambridge College in Cambridge, Massachusetts. This will This will be my second year teaching 4th grade at WHE. Before WHE, I taught at 4th grade at Lake Norman Elementary School for 2 years. Before LNE, I taught 3rd grade in Cornelius at J.V. Washam Elementary for 8 years. While at Washam, I earned Teacher of the Year (2012-2013) and became a Nationally Board Certified Teacher. Before Washam, I taught 6th grade math and science in Milton, Massachusetts.
I am looking forward to a great year full of fun, learning and growing together! Fourth grade is a fantastic grade level filled with higher expectations for students. I am fortunate to love my job and I am excited to get to know your child and your family.
Communication is a very important part of a successful school year. Email is the quickest way to get a hold of me. Below you will find some more information to help get the school year started.
I can't wait to meet you!!!Mrs. OuelletteOur Classroom Mission
- Positive Thinking = Positive Outcome. The growth mindset will be a huge part of our classroom...I can't wait to teach you more about it!
- Binder: Students will have a daily binder that will be organized with everything they need to be successful. Please review this binder with them nightly. Part of their routine should be to take it out and talk to you about their day. Students will not have much homework (as long as they use their time wisely in class), but they will be expected to review and sign their binder with you nightly.
- Tuesday Folder: This folder will come home every Tuesday and include graded work from the previous week, as well as notes and reminders. Please initial the folder and return it. Students are expected to return the folder (with your initial).
- Newsletter: The first week of school, I will send a daily email. From then on, I will email a weekly newsletter every Friday (a copy will also be in your child's binder). Most basic questions for schedules and assignments can be answered on this newsletter.
- Volunteers: You are welcome to volunteer throughout the year in many ways. There will be a sign up sheet at open house. All volunteers who work in the building must have a volunteer profile completed before being allowed to work with students. All of my teaching is done in small groups, so it is great to have extra hands during small group times...come join the fun!
- Snack: We will have one working snack per day, and students are allowed to keep water at their desk.
- Communication is huge...we can only be successful if we are on the same team, your child's education is made up of a triangle between you, your child, and their teacher. Please know that I have your child's best interest in mind, and I am always happy to help if you have any questions.
We, the students of Mrs. Ouellette’s 4th grade class, want to learn new information, prepare for a successful future and have fun! We will do this by trying our best, working towards our individual and class goals, using our best strategies and working together. We will be safe, responsible, and respectful.