Welcome to CCTL's Digital Writing Lab for CCTL Students
The mission of the CCTL Digital Writing Lab is to provide writing peer-review services for students of CCTL in high school and college classes.
The services will include proofreading and suggestions for revisions and edits.Digital Writing Lab Peer Reviewers Will:
The Digital Writing Lab is NOT:
- Review your work for content; grammar, usage, and mechanics errors; and format
- Respond to your papers within a 24-hour school day period. If you submit over the weekend, the reviewers will respond within 24 hours of the next school day.
- Dedicate themselves to the idea of helping others succeed
- Adhere to the guidelines and expectations of the Digital Writing Lab
- Research and validate information before making revision and editing comments
- Ask for assistance from other peer-reviewers or sponsors (Ms. Forbis and/or Mr. Davis)
Submission Guidelines:(Note - Failure to follow these guidelines and instructions will result in failure to review your work)
- A revision and editing service
- Reviewers will make NO CHANGES to any student’s submissions.
- A dating or chat service
- All interactions with students who submit work will remain on a professional and educational level.
- All comments on submissions will be professional, academic, and grammatically correct (Standard English).
- A club for socializing
- A competition to see who makes the most comments (Quality over Quantity)
- Writers must submit work a minimum of 3 school days prior to due date. After that, reviewers make no promises.
- Peer-reviewers will respond within 24 hours (school days).
- Writers will receive an email when review is complete.
- Writers may submit the following:
- Outlines (speech or essay)
- Essays or research papers (give a longer lead time for longer papers)
- Course forum posts w/ prompts
- College acceptance and/or scholarship essays (7 day lead time)
- With each submission, the writer must provide the following:
- Text of the entire assignment, assignment requirements (including style APA or MLA) and due date
- A sentence under the assignment explaining what the writer is most concerned about in the writing
- If submitting writing that includes research, writer must submit citations for sources on a Works Cited page (in the same Google Document).
- Use CCTLEC.ORG Drive
- Create a Google Document.
- Name the document - lastname DUE DATE.
- Copy and paste required information and your writing into document.
- Share with firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Give Comment Only access rights.
- You may respond to peer-reviewer comments for clarification only.
- You should resolve or delete comments once you have addressed them.
Last Modified on December 11, 2014