Experience an education that is tailor-made, just for you.
At the Iredell-Statesville Schools iACADEMY, school fits YOU.
In fact, school can be anywhere, anytime.
The iACADEMY offers educational opportunities that are tailor-made for the 21st century learner. Staffed by a fully-licensed faculty and offering a full range of student support services, the iACADEMY allows high school students from all backgrounds and areas of interest, to customize their learning experience. Best of all, it is completely FREE!
Is the iAcademy right for you?
· Have you been previously home schooled, but you need more support with the challenging high school curriculum?
· Would you benefit from a blended schedule that provides flexibility to meet your needs?
· Is it sometimes difficult for you to attend the traditional high school? (ex. you are involved in competitive sports and travel, have a child to care for, you have an illness, were bullied, etc.)
· Are you self-motivated, committed to academic success, and able to monitor your own progress?
· Do you have the proper support at home to help you be successful?
Students can choose from a variety of options, including:
· 100% virtual learning – all classes are taken online, from anywhere, through the North Carolina Virtual Public School (NCVPS).
· Blended schedule – students can build a course load that meets their needs, using a mix of online classes and traditional or home school classes.
· Home school supplement – credits from licensed NC home schools transfer seamlessly to allow students to enroll in a minimum of two courses (either online or traditional) to supplement the classes they have already taken.
· Long-term medical leave – students who are confined to their home or hospital can stay on track by completing their coursework on-line.
How does it work?
· Students must enroll in a minimum of 2 courses per semester to be considered full-time, and a total of 3 courses to be eligible to participate in high school athletics.
· iAcademy can supplement the home school curriculum, or replace it entirely.
· Students have the choice of whether to graduate from their home school program, or to earn a high school diploma from Iredell-Statesville Schools.
· Internet access is provided only at the iAcademy site in Troutman, NC.
· ISS does not provide transportation for students enrolled in the iAcademy.
· ISS offers a loaner device for accessing online classes, for a non-refundable $50 technology usage fee.
· Students and teachers communicate directly with each other through email and telephone.
· A full-time Distance Learning Advisor on staff to monitor student progress, etc.