WIHS DRESS CODE GUIDELINES
Students are expected to attend school in clothing that is appropriate for a productive educational environment. Appropriate dress is necessary in order to maintain an atmosphere that is conducive to learning and safety. Clothing and/or accessories that disrupt this environment or bring excessive attention to an individual will be prohibited. Appropriate and acceptable apparel includes the following:
· Shorts, dresses, and skirts (including skorts) must fall no higher than the top of the knee when standing (approximately 4” above the middle of the kneecap).
· Leggings & running tights can only be worn with a loose top/dress at least mid-thigh in length.
· Yoga pants must be accompanied by a loose shirt at least mid-thigh in length.
· Shirts must meet the following:
o No spaghetti straps
o No visible cleavage
o No off-shoulder shirts
o Long enough to cover midsection at all times (ex. while seated, leaning over, or raising arms)
· No hats, head scarves, sunglasses, bandanas, hoods, sweatbands, combs, picks, grooming utensils. Head coverings for religious purposes must be approved by the principal. ABOVE ITEMS WILL BE TAKEN AND RETURNED ON THE FOLLOWING MONDAY.
· No visible undergarments (ex. briefs, boxers, gym shorts)
· Pants must be worn at the waist, not around the legs below the waist. Belts and/or zip-ties will be issued to students that do not adhere to this rule. Belts and zip-ties must remain in place for the entire school day
· No transparent, slashed clothing, or holes in pants above the knees (unless leggings are worn to hide any visible skin).
· No inappropriate symbols, words, pictures, or articles depicting violence, tobacco, drugs, alcohol, or innuendos alluding to sex, vulgarity, demeaning to race/gender, or gang-related
· No wallet chains, belts, or jewelry (including spiked jewelry) that pose a safety hazard
· No pajamas, bedroom shoes, blankets, or loungewear
· No costumes or costume accessories (Certain exceptions during Spirit Week)
· DRESS CODE CAN BE AMENDED AT ANYTIME WHEN DEEMED NECESSARY BY THE SCHOOL’S ADMINISTRATION
Dress Code Violations/Consequences
1) Student wearing inappropriate clothing will be provided an opportunity to correct the violation or call home for a change of clothing.
2) If the violation cannot be corrected, the student will be placed in ALC for the remainder of the day.
3) The student will be given a warning and a parent will be contacted
4) Repeated offenses will involve additional school discipline following the school policy for insubordination.DRESS CODE CAN BE AMENDED AT ANYTIME WHEN DEEMED NECESSARY BY THE SCHOOL’S ADMINISTRATION.