The Leader in Me is a school wide process that integrates timeless leadership principles into the school culture. LIM teaches the foundational skills of leadership, accountability, adaptability, initiative and self-direction, problem solving, responsibility, communication, teamwork, creativity and a strong sense of purpose. Leader in Me schools foster student empowerment and accountability by creating a school culture built around the 7 Habits of Highly Effective People.
- Habit 1: Be proactive. You’re in charge.
- Habit 2: Begin with the end in mind. Have a plan.
- Habit 3: Put first things first. Work first, then play.
- Habit 4: Think Win-Win. Everyone can win.
- Habit 5: Seek first to understand, then to be understood. Listen before you talk.
- Habit 6: Synergize. Together is better.
- Habit 7: Sharpen the saw. Balance feels best.