Dr. Tonya HoupePrincipalMy Office Hours: 2:20 pm - 4:30 pmMy Contact Information:email: firstname.lastname@example.org: 704-872-4666 x 1305cell: 704-902-5014
I am proud to be the principal of EIMS! This is my 20th year as an educator, and I love every minute of it. Middle school is the best place to be because every day is an adventure! I am eager to work with the students and parents to ensure that every child is challenged and is able to reach success. Please contact me anytime with questions, comments, or concerns- I am always here to listen! I spend the first part of the day in the classrooms with teachers and students, so you will more than likely hear from me after 2:20, but you will get a response back within 24 business hours.
- I have lived in Statesville all of my life. I am married to Gene Houpe and we have five children: Ethan (17), Hanna (15), Maddy (14) and 9 year-old twins, Paxton and Peyton.
- I earned a Doctorate in Educational Leadership from Wingate University in 2015.
- 2013-2014 I-SS Assistant Principal of the Year
- Achieved National Board Certification in 2007
- Received an Educational Specialist Degree from Wingate University in 2014, an add-on licensure for School Administration from Appalchian State University in 2010 and a Master's Degree in K-6 Education from Gardner-Webb University in 2005.
- Recipient of the NC Prospective Teacher Scholarship and earned a BA in K-6 Education from UNCC in 1997.
- 2007-2008 Iredell-Statesville Schools K-8 Teacher of the Year (Ben Craig) and the 2007-2008 SMS Teacher of the Year.