Carmen BoggsWelcome to my Classroom
email: email@example.comMy Classroom Mission
About MeI was born and raised in Statesville, NC. I attended Celeste Henkel, West Iredell Middle and graduated from West Iredell High School. I completed my undergraduate degree at UNC Greensboro with a Bachelor's Degree in Elementary Education (K-6) and a minor in Music. While staying home with my children, I completed my Masters in Elementary Education (K-6) at Gardner Webb University and later added Special Education, General Curriculum to my license. I have worked in education since 1993 with Iredell-Statesville Schools, Davie County Schools and Catawba Valley Community College.I am married with 2 children. My son is a a graduate at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill and my daughter is a junior at Mars Hill University where she is a member of the basketball team. We are busy attending UNC Football games in the fall and MHU basketball games in the winter.. I love going to the beach in the summer!I am very excited to be at Celeste teaching 5th grade! We are going to have an awesome year!!!
- Every child can and will succeed.
- All children deserve the opportunity to think, dream, believe, and achieve.
- The school, home, and community must share responsibility for the needs and development of children while fostering an appreciation for individual differences and cultures.
- Students are most involved when they participate in decisions that affect them.
- Differences in learning styles exist, therefore: students have the right to learn in a way that brings them personal success.
- Students must be assessed in a variety of ways to demonstrate their achievement.
- The function of education embraces the act of preparing our students for living successfully in an ever-changing society by providing academic, social, emotional, and physical and character developing skills.