The Agriculture and Science Early College (ASEC) is a five-year high school and community college program. Students will be able to earn a high school diploma and a free two-year college degree or college transfer credits.
Students have the option to pursue several different degrees through Mitchell Community College including:
Agribusiness Technology (Associate in Applied Science)
- This degree targets students who are interested in pursuing careers or majors in agriculture.
- Agriculture is the number one industry in North Carolina.
- Nearly 60,000 highly skilled agricultural job openings in the United States are predicted annually within the next five years.
- Graduates will be prepared for careers in agricultural supply sales, store management, environmental and agricultural education, feed and supply sales, wholesale and retail produce management, and nursery and farm operations.
- Articulation Agreement allows this degree to transfer to the University of Mount Olive and North Carolina A & T State University.
Associate in Science (A.S.)
- This degree targets students pursuing careers or majors in engineering, math, medical, research and science.
- Business and industry leaders report the need continues in North Carolina for careers in the agricultural sciences and related industries.
- Graduates may transfer to a four-year college or university to prepare for jobs in many different fields including nursing, sports medicine, biomedical technology, veterinary services, engineering (chemical, environmental, civil and mechanical), architecture, drafting, education, accounting, finance and computer science.
Associate in Arts (A.A.)
- This degree targets students pursuing any four-year college degree.
- The A.A. provides a two-year transfer program for students who plan to transfer to a college or university.
- Graduates will be prepared for a wide range of college majors or employment opportunitites such as psychology, law, education, broadcasting, journalism, business, fine arts, criminal justice, banking, culinary, real estate, government, public safety and transportation.