Why Take Spanish?
- Higher scores on standardized tests in reading, language arts, math, SAT, and ACT
- Improved listening skills and memory
- Strengthened basic skills and higher order thinking skills
- Enhanced sense of cultural pluralism
- Broader English vocabulary as well as a better understanding of own language and culture
- Enhanced career opportunities
- Meet college entrance requirements and requirements for the college prep diploma
- Meet qualifications for NC Scholars program
- Have a chance to take a weighted course (levels 3 and above)
- HAVE FUN!!
¡Hola! Welcome to Spanish. This is my 28th year of teaching Spanish. I am a graduate of UNC-Chapel Hill with a major in Spanish education. I am also a National Board certified teacher in Spanish. I live in the North Iredell Community and have 2 daughters Heather and Kaitlyn. My husband is a science teacher. When I am not at school, I work a second job. When I'm not working, I spend time with my family, read, play games, cheer on the Tar Heels and the Liberty Flames and love on my pet Boxers! I also love to travel. At North we try and do a trip every other year to take students abroad. It is an awesome experience! This year's trip is back to Spain and Italy. There is a link on this page if you are interested.