Troutman Elementary is kicking off the 2016-17 school year with Troutman Pride as a school theme and each 5th grade class will have a team mascot.
- Each 5th grade class will be attending the Ropes Course as a team building experience to emphasize the reality that “Together We Can Accomplish More.”
- Throughout the entire school year in the classrooms, hallway, cafeteria, restroom, playground, and bus all students will be expected to follow the school’s rules of being respectful, responsible and safe.
- Each month we will be focusing on a different character trait, and the male and female student from each class that best demonstrates this particular trait will be recognized.
- The 5th grade curriculum is very rigorous and is based on the NC state standards in reading, math, science, and social studies.
- The 5th grade teachers are committed to planning engaging lessons, some of which will require the use of our MacBooks and iPads, so that each student will show growth on the reading, math, and science EOG.
- We will also provide many opportunities across the curriculum for the students to collaborate with their peers in order to problem solve and become 21st century critical thinkers.
Last Modified on August 24, 2016