Welcome! You've reached Merrilynne Henderson's SIHS WebPage.I received a Bachelor of Industrial Engineering Degree inIndustrial Systems Engineering from theGeorgia Institute of Technology,graduating first in my class with High Honors.My engineering background:I began my engineering career in Washington DC working as a consultant inthe military support industry. I worked as a Logistics Engineer for Syscon Corporationoptimizing radio spare parts stored on Los Angeles class nuclear submarines.Next, I moved to the aerospace industry and worked as a Manufacturing Engineerfor Martin Marietta Aerospace. My job was to provide the engineering support for aa team of people producing rockets and missiles one at a time for the U.S. DefenseDepartment. Following that, I jumped to the technology industry and worked as aProduct Engineer for AT&T Information Systems. This time I supported the assemblyline production of phone network equipment. I finished my engineering career byworking in depot maintenance as a Process Engineer for the U.S. Government, U.S.A.F.There my job was to trouble-shoot the overhaul process for F-15 & F-16fighter jet Unified Fuel Controls. I have since retired from that very fascinating,challenging, and rewarding engineering career, but I bring a lot of those skills intothe classroom.
My teaching background:
- middle school math for Manassas, Virginia Public Schools
- high school math and science for a private school in Fairfax, Virginia
- high school math and science for AVID in DODDS, Ramstein, Germany
- high school math for Foxboro Charter Public School, in Foxboro, Massachusetts
- high school math for Charles County Public Schools, Indian Head, Maryland
- high school IB MYP math for Iredell Statesville Public Schools, Mt. Mourne
- high school IB DP math & DP TOK for Iredell Statesville Public Schools, SIHS
My international-mindedness diverse cultural background:I have lived extensively overseas as an active duty military dependent.I spent two years in Turkey, three years in Japan, and four years in Germany.I have traveled through most of Europe, large portions of the Far East, anda bit of Africa. Additionally, I have had the privilege to live all over Americaand have visited (or at least passed through) 47 states.Ask me about my granddaughter! She took her first steps on 8/24/16!
Last Modified on August 26, 2016