Welcome to my ClassroomAmy Bice
Email: email@example.comI hear and I forget.I see and I remember.
I do and I understand.
- Chinese ProverbMy Classroom Mission
To challenge students to take ownership of their learning.About Me
Born and raised in upstate New York. Traveled to Washington state for college and decided to stay for a decade. If you've never been to the Pacific Northwest add it to your list of places to go! Moved to New Hampshire, I guess I wanted to experience more of small town life;) Moved to North Carolina summer of 2002!
- Reading - Anything I can put my hands on
- My Job...passionate about learning
- Walking - need it because of the next one
- Eating Chocolate! (Rocky Mountain milk chocolate candy bar & Ghirardelli dark chocolate, caramel and sea salt are my favorites)
Each year I try to visit at least one new place. There is no place like home, but the experiences you gain through travel is addicting.
- Australia - Bondi Beach, Max Brenner chocolate bar!
- Austria - watching the World Cup in the town square
- Bahamas - snorkeling in the crystal clear water
- Belgium - exploring chocolate stores
- Canada - pretty much all of British Columbia....
- Czech Republic - strolling the Charles Bridge in Prague
- Denmark - traversing through caves to look at spiders
- Fiji - snorkeling & cruising the islands
- France - view from Sacre Coeur; Musee Orsay Renoir exhibit
- Germany - solitude of Dachau; visiting the bears
- Greece - eating fig leaves; donkey ride up the hillside
- Ireland - the rugged beauty; kissing the Blarney Stone
- Italy - cooking class in Sienna, exploring the ruins
- Liechtenstein - Gutenburg Castle
- Mexico - soaking up the sun and relaxing
- Netherlands - 50 km bike ride exploring countryside around Amsterdam
- New Zealand - mud bath, extreme free fall
- Switzerland - gondola ride to the top of Mt. Pilatus
- United Kingdom - Giant's Causeway; White Cliffs of Dover
- United States - 30 day trip via Amtrak prior to smartphones with a backpack
- Vatican City - the sheer size of St. Patrick's Cathedral; Sistine Chapel
Summer 2017 - Bella ItaliaVenice, Florence & Rome
- Bachelor's in Business Education - Eastern Washington University
- Master's in Education - Southern New Hampshire University
- National Board Certified Professional Teacher
- Intel Master Teacher - Thinking with Technology
- IB Educator's Network
Best method to reach me is by e-mail. I try to respond within 24 hours. If you have not received a response in two school days please contact me again, in case I did not receive the message.Supplies - folder, highlighter, pencilClassroom Donations
- Clorox Wipes
- individually wrapped candies