· Examine animals and diagnose problems
· Treat illnesses or injuries
· Give animals medicines to prevent illnesses.
· Give advice to owners about animal care
· May give care to large animals (farm animals)
· May give care to smaller animals such as household animals
· Most work in private practice
· Usually work indoors
· Often work evenings and weekends
· $50,000 to $145,000 dollars a year
· The median is usually $85,000
· Vets who work with larger animals get a larger earn.
Education & Trainings:
· A doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) degree
· Pass national board exams.
· May complete a internship to specialize in a certain area, such as surgery.
Attributes & Abilities
· Good with people
· Communication skills
· Hard working