Clarksbury United Methodist ChurchClarksbury United Methodist Church was first organized in 1832. The original log church building was used as a hiding place for a run-away soldier during the Civil War. A new white frame church was built in 1884. The third and present building was started in 1949. Stained glass windows were purchased in honor or memory or many of the church family. An Educational building was built in 1965 and connected to the church by a covered walkway. The interior of the church was renovated in 1996. A bus was purchased for the use of various church groups. Senior Adults meet once a month for a covered dish meal and program or outing. The youth clown ministry gave their first performance in 2000 and have since visited nursing homes and entertained at the 2001 Charge Conference. A new parsonage was built in 2002. Clarksbury took a significant role in developing a food and clothing ministry in Harmony for the North Iredell Churches. Rev. Dr. Linda Stack Morgan became the first woman minister to be assigned to the church in 2006.Harmony Elementary School is fortunate to have Clarksbury United Methodist Church as a partner. We value their assistance in many ways in our mission to educate children and meet the needs of families.
Last Modified on February 4, 2014