1) __________ had promised to end the Depression using the ______________’s powers.
2) The use of government money to create new jobs & increase economic activity is _____________.
3) The ______________ declared many of FDR’s programs to be __________________.
4) The _________________ provided pensions for retired workers.
5) Fair treatment of workers & unions was encouraged by the ______________________.
6) The ______________________ created about 2 million jobs per month.
7) FDR tried to __________ the Supreme Court in order to keep his programs.
8) Roosevelt blamed the ____________ for allowing starvation.
9) Roosevelt was a master at ______________.
10) During his _______________, Roosevelt spoke informally to the people
specific issues on radio broadcasts.
11) Roosevelt’s advisors from Columbia University were called his ____________.
12) Roosevelt’s _____, Eleanor Roosevelt, may have been his most important advisor.
13) During the “________ ________”, Roosevelt was able to get a tremendous amount of legislation passed.
14) FDR wanted an alliance of ________ & ________, __________ & _________,and _________ & __________.
15) _________________ occurs when the government spends more than it takes in.
16) A _________ is a direct gift of food, money, or clothing.
17) In a _________________, a bank seizes the property that was collateral for a loan.
18) The Farm Security Administration gave loans to help __________________.
19) The __________ struck the Great Plains because of over-cultivation.
20) The ________________________insured depositors savings in banks.
21) The _________________________regulated the stock market.
22) The _________________________granted money to cities & states for distribution.
23) __________________provided jobs by paying for public projects like buildings, etc.
24) _____________________hired homeless to build public facilities.
25) _______________________provided cheap electricity to a seven state region.
26) The ____________________offered outdoor work to unemployed single men.
27) The _____________________ paid farmers to reduce production of some things.
28) ___________ broadcast radio attacks against Roosevelt for not going far enough.
29) ______________ wanted to take away the wealthy’s money & to re-distribute it.
30) ___________ wanted to give the elderly _________ a month to help the economy.
31) Roosevelt answered his attackers by announcing a ____________________.
32) The WPA employed _______, ________, ________, ________, _______, & _____.
33) The core of the ____________ was to provide retirement benefits
for workers; it
also helped the unemployable.
34) The SSA did not protect _____________ or __________________.
35) The __________________ Act helped unions to enter into new businesses.
36) In __________ unions, all members have the same skill.
37) In __________ unions, all workers in an industry are members, regardless
38) The ____________ was a new industrial union that went into areas
that the AFL
had not entered.
39) In a ____________ strike, the workers refuse to work, but do not leave the factory.
40) Unions threw their support to the ____________ Party.
41) When Roosevelt tried to cut back federal spending & balance
the budget, the
economy went into a ______________, or a mild downturn in business.
42) The ________________ abolished child labor & set a minimum wage
43) In January 1939, Roosevelt announced ___________________________________.
44) _____________________ did not fare well under the New Deal.
45) The best-selling book of the 1930s was ____________________________________.
46) The New Deal did not plan the economy, it _____________ private enterprise.
1) What were Roosevelt’s three main goals as he began his presidency?
2) What were six tremendous changes brought by FDR’s reforms?
3) What were two ways the Second New Deal legislation differed
from the first?
4) What were 5 causes of the New Deal?
5) What were five effects of the New Deal?