|PERSONAL NARRATIVE PROMPTS
1. Think about the first time you went somewhere or did something all by yourself. Tell a story about what happened.
2. Think about a very special time in your life. Tell a story about what happened.
3. Think about times when you were very scared. Choose one and write about a time when you felt frightened.
4. Your family celebrates special events such as birthdays, holidays, or other special times. Choose one family event and write a story about it.
5. You have been on many field trips while at school. Choose one and tell a story about what happened on that trip.
6. Remember an unusual gift that you were given. Tell a story about it to show what made it so unusual.
7. Think about a member of your extended family who had an exciting or unusual think happen to them. Tell a story to describe their adventure.
8. Remember something that you finally got that was very difficult for you to obtain. Tell a story about your struggle to get this and how you finally got it.
9. Think about the person in your life you most want to be like when you grow up. Tell why you want to be like this person.
10. You have learned many things since your started school. Write a story about one thing you learned in kindergarten that you have used this year.
11. Think about a day when nothing went right. It could have been anywhere. It might have been at home or at school. Write a story about this bad experience.
12. Tell about an event that happened in kindergarten that you still remember.
13. Write about a special animal you have known and a time you spent with that animal.
14. Think about the first night you stayed away from home. It may have been with a friend or another family member such as grandparents or cousins. Write a story about what happened when you spent the night.
15. All teachers are special in their own ways. Choose one and tell about why that teacher is so special to you.
16. You have been in school four or five years. You have many memories. Write a story about one of those memories at school.
17. Families are an important part of our lives. All families are different but all are special. Write about a special time that you spent with your family.
18. Write about a time when you were very surprised.
19. Write about a day that you spent with your very best friend.
20. Think about a time when the power went off for several days. Write about how your life was changed during those days.