Who We Are:
- Classroom Teachers: 67
- (39 with bachelors degrees
- 28 with masters degrees
- 4 with 6th year degrees)
- Students Enrolled: 904
- Students Per Teacher: 14:1
- Teacher Assistants: 4
1999 REPORT CARD
- (Chart shows % of students at or above grade level
| 6th grade
- N.C. Writing Test:
- 7th Grade 78.4%
What We Offer:
- In addition to the Standard Course of Study, all Brawley
students are offered enrichment courses in art, band, music appreciation,
computers, careers, and chorus.
- Academically Gifted students are placed in an advanced communications
class and/or an advanced math class. AG classes meet 85 minutes
each day all year.
- We offer before and after school tutoring, as well as remediation
classes in math and language arts at all grade levels.
- We participate in Arts & Science Heritage Week, Olympics
of the Mind, State Spelling Bee, NC Science Fair, History Quiz
Bowl, Science Quiz Bowl, MathCounts, and much more.
- Student Assistance Programs provide guidance and Peer Mediation
- Our Exceptional Children's Department offers a full spectrum
of services: self-contained classrooms, pull-out resource, inclusion,
- Classroom computers are networked through a fileserver in
the media center. We also have Internet access in all classrooms.
- Computers are used throughout the curriculum. In one of five
computer labs, students learn telecommunications, database, spreadsheets,
presentation software (MS Powerpoint), graphics, and keyboarding.
- Computers per Classroom: 1-8
- Computers in Media Center: 17
(Multimedia lab with 12 pentium computers)
- Computers in 5 Labs:102
Special interest clubs include drama, tennis, art, video production,
walking, golf, newspaper, yearbook, Students for Christian Fellowship,
Environmental, literary magazine, Beta Club, Student Council,
Intramurals, Heritage Week, MathCounts, Quiz Bowl.